Thursday after work, Bill from work wanted to watch the Bears-Saints game at Gallagher's down the street, so I tagged along. The strange thing is that it is a sports bar, and the volume was not up for the game. Instead, there were two separate jukeboxes playing in different areas of the bar, but both were audible. Meanwhile, Thursday night at Gallagher's also happens to be trivia/karaoke night. Since we play trivia just about every Tuesday at another bar, we figured we would give it a shot. Like Tuesday night, there are twenty questions, however, with this one we answer them in a list and turn it all in at the end rather than one at at time. This trivia person was not quite as sharp as the one we are accustomed to; she fumbled over words when she asked the questions, she had incorrect "facts" in a question, and she also had two incorrect answers, none of which she owned up to, claiming that other people wrote the questions and answers while not having the common sense to correct them or check the facts. It was at least a fun way to pass the time, though we narrowly lost. Karaoke was up next, and we exited as soon as the game was over, trying to keep our ears somewhat intact.
Friday, I met up with some friends from work, and we went to a comedy show. One of their friends performs there sometimes, this night being one of those times. He was okay; he tries a little too hard and swears way too much to try to compensate for not being as funny as the other performers. He was also the only one who brings up an outline of his jokes...a cheat sheet. Apparently he drinks too much on nights he performs, so he needs it in case he forgets. I think he probably just lacks the confidence to remember them. The other acts were mostly funny, and there were some awkward moments, but overall it was a good time. After that we went to a club to watch a friend's superintendent's band. They were actually decent and had a modest following.
Saturday was Matt's bachelor party, which consisted of dinner, shooting pool, and your typical male bonding. For how basic it was, it turned out to be a lot of fun.
Sunday, I went to the Cardinals/Vikings game with a couple friends from work. It became a slaughterhouse flick rapidly, so it was difficult to watch. We were around a lot of Vikings fans, and the obnoxious ones began to make themselves known as the game progressed. I thought the guy in front of us was going to be "that fan" with the way he was acting at the beginning, but it ended up being a lady behind us, who naturally showed up late. She could not stop yapping. It was this, it was that, it was everything. She would not muzzle herself. Finally, someone commented to her about it, and it just set her off even more, and then she would not let it go. She was one of those people who just loves to talk. She told him to enjoy his game, and she'll enjoy her game. She claimed she paid a lot of money for these seats, to which someone else chimed in, "So did we." At one point, a penalty flag was thrown and she starts screaming, "HOLDING!! HOLDING!! TEN YARDS!!!" I knew right away that she was wrong, the penalty was on that dirty purple team, so I had to retort. I exclaimed, "Roughing the passer! Roughing the passer! Fifteen yards! Fifteen yards!" in her direction. I could not help it. Some people can just bring out that devious person inside you. After the shellacking, we went to Spinato's, where I soothed my raw wounds with a delicious calzone. Aaaaah...Spinato's...
Too funny! Man, I haven't been to a football game in way too long! Thanks for the KFC! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYou feel like chicken tonight? .)
ReplyDelete