After work, I met up with a friend of mine, and after much deliberation, we decided to go to The Roaring Fork for dinner. It is a nice establishment over in Scottsdale on the ground floor of what appears to be an office building. I had been meaning to go to this place forever, and for some reason I could never remember the name. I kept thinking something involving a spoon...at least I was always on the right track.
We both ordered their signature burger, which as it turns out was quite a hefty meal. We both only ate half, and it was delicious, albeit a bit pricey for burgers and fries. I would say it is something nice to do every once in a while, but I think I would be more inclined to indulge in the happy hour specials for appetizers. As the dinner progressed, my friend mentioned to our waitress that she does concierge work for the Scottsdale Resort and would like to take a couple menus with her. The next thing we know, the manager comes up to us and speaks with us for a while and shortly after that, our waitress says that our meal is on them. Apparently the Scottsdale Resort has been good to them, so they in turn took care of us, which we clearly had no qualms over.
The itinerary for the evening was to consist of dinner and a movie, so we made our way over to Harkins. We essentially had to choose between Twilight and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. As soon as the guy at the ticket office mentioned that the latter movie was about the Holocaust, I told him to say no more. My friend has a peculiar interest in Nazi-era/Holocaust type movies for some reason, so I knew that was the choice. It actually turned out to be a good movie, although it was sad. I think it is one of those movies that attempts to make the audience open their eyes.
In the end, all I had to pay for was gas, so it was a good night!
Sounds like a good time- I hadn't even heard of the other movie, but I know Twilight was good. The Roaring Fork sounds like a good restaurant.
ReplyDeleteInteresting. You're friends with a Nazi concierge? .)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun evening. I wanna go to the movies...
haha, hanesse.