I had modest plans to do some Christmas shopping today, but typically, the Black Friday shopping ends up as my own early Christmas gifts to myself. Browsing through some advertisements at the last minute, I decided what my goals were: cheap movies and a 500GB external hard drive. My other hard drive is nearing its capacity, and since I have decided to start downloading some TV shows and movies lately. The hard drive I saw was $69.99, which I thought was extremely reasonable, but at the same time, I did not think that it would be something of great demand. I had a back-up plan and as it turned out, it was a good thing I did. Two Wal-Marts and three Targets later, I found a solution. The Wal-Marts did not have the hard drive I was looking for, and the Targets did not have the slightly more expensive, slightly larger one; however, the third Target had one replacement hard drive remaining for the deal they had. Their deal was $88.88 for a 750GB hard drive, but since they did not have that, they offered a 500GB hard drive for $65.12, which was less than what I was initially planning to spend in the first place! In case you could not tell by the exclamation point, I am pretty excited about my new purchase. As a side note, I also finally got The Office, season three and a few other movies.
Later in the evening, I went with a couple friends to the ASU/UCLA football game. It was a lot of fun, but the weather was uncooperative as the air grew colder with each minute. The game turned out well, ASU won on the strength of their defense, tying an NCAA record with four defensive touchdowns. The offense was horrible on both sides, but it was thrilling to watch such a rare feat.
Well, that pretty much does it. I still need to fill in some of the blanks over the last month or so, plus my East Coast trip (with some pictures). I hope to be doing that soon, now that I have a more reliable laptop. Until next time...
Sounds like you had a good early Christmas! :) Lucky!! I miss going to ASU games- they were so much fun!
ReplyDeleteAll your driving around to different stores paid off, looks like! Great deal!
ReplyDeleteMake sure you change your brewflix lists to reflect your purchases of the movie. .)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you got it for less than you expected, that wasn't exactly my experience on Black Friday. ./