While on our way to explore the cave, I realized that Amberle did not want to make the journey. I felt bad about it, but we had already made a great deal of progress beyond the three hundred yards, so there was no turning back. The trek was slow going on the way to our destination, with sight seeing, quartz searching, and attempting to find the right path.
During our return, water was short, daylight was becoming scarce, and our desperation to get
back to the trucks grew by the minute. I wondered aloud if we would ever return. There was one casualty. Amberle decided to walk into the fresh mud in the middle of the road. One of her shoes was fully submerged in the muck. Apparently this was the last straw. After having a fit over her shoe, Amberle toughed out the remainder of the hike and actually beat Daniel and I to our trucks. One last thing that I found humorous was that she wanted to wrap her shoe in a plastic bag for the drive home. I had to share that since you wanted the picture!
Poor Amberle. Poor shoe. Poor bag that had to wrap the shoe.
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun? :)
ReplyDeleteThe plastic bag worked very well, thank you very much. It kept my shoe form getting grossness all over my car. The really funny thing was me going into Del Taco with my shoe covered in muck. And now the shoe is sitting in the garage.
ReplyDeleteoblzenry