Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mini Vacation and a Bowling BBQ

This is a bit of a retrospective view of events that happened a couple weekends ago (Edit: several weekends ago). I changed the time stamp to reflect the time period...


Saturday, I went to a friend's barbecue. I actually ended up bringing a friend of mine as well as one of his friends, who happened to be in town that weekend. Normally, I try to avoid inviting more than one person to something that someone else organized, but I felt like having some more people that I knew present. We ended up bringing steak, portabella mushrooms, chips, and pineapple (which has become mandatory to any barbecue that I attend lately). The steak ended up being decent, though we lacked seasoning and marinades that we would normally use since the host was somewhat unprepared. The pineapple was a hit, and it was rather refreshing.

After our meal, we commenced playing some games, starting with a game I cannot remember the name, one of those guessing games with a timer. That game did not last long, because people had trouble figuring it out, so someone suggested playing truth or dare. It was mostly played safe, although upon requesting a dare and the asker could not think of a dare, one girl (my friend's guest) seemed resigned to run around the backyard naked, but thankfully, the person asking refused to make her do that. I was put into an awkward situation where I had to answer a question in front of everybody which I did not want to answer, but I suppose that is how the game goes. It upset me that it was brought up, but it is in the past now.

As the night was winding down, we decided to go bowling. It went by quickly, I remember not doing very well until we placed a friendly wager involving the loser buying Diamondbacks tickets. By that time, I started doing very well, but we did not finish by the time the bowling alley closed, so even though I was winning, I could not in clear conscience collect on the bet. The drive home was strange and I think it best not to share the details because it was too weird and did not make any sense to me.

This entry has gotten to be a bit lengthy, so I will touch upon the mini vacation in its own separate post so as not to put anyone to sleep! It will even have pictures! I promise!

1 comment:

  1. That was not worth waiting for. You Yadayada'd over all the juicy stuff. What's the question you didn't want to answer? :)

    ReplyDelete