My weekend was enjoyable. I hung out with a couple co-workers at a sports bar down the street from work and it was trivia night, but we did not perform well as a team. It did not help that one of our members decided not to speak to us for over half an hour, so much of our time while trying to answer questions, we were also attempting to decipher what she had scrawled on our paper that we use for notes. Overall, we did well, but we had a few tough breaks, missing some questions in which we invested high points. After that, we played some shuffleboard and big buck hunter. It was a good night.
Saturday and Sunday were uneventful for the most part. Sunday evening, I went to a friend's house and we barbecued some pork, sweet potatoes, and pineapple. It was delicious, but as usual, we had too much food....or perhaps too few guests? A girl that was with us is engaged to be married in November, and a lot of what she did while she was there was complain about her fiance, since he was absent. We would make fun of him and call him names, and she seemed to almost get some kind of satisfaction out of it. It is beyond me why someone would want to be in a relationship with a person for whom they lack respect. They still have about seven months to get married, and I wonder if they will make it that long. I seriously doubt the marriage will last. How could it? Other than that, dinner was enjoyable.
My parents are in town, so I had lunch with them today. It is always a pleasure to see them, even though it makes me a little sad. I catch myself thinking a little too much. Once again, not much happening at work. Morale still seems low, with no end in sight.
But hey, at least I saved money on my car insurance!
Your weekends are always filled with friends. That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteThat's sad about the girl. It is hard to see why someone would choose to marry someone they felt that way about while they were still engaged!
ReplyDeleteSorry you guys stunk up the trivia. Those can be really fun. So why was she not talking to you?
I hope things pick up at work soon. Maybe you guys should do a Fun Run- for chicken pox or something!
The other girl said something about her that she didn't want made public, so she was silent for the next half hour or so, as some kind of punishment. She was texting some people, it was annoying.
ReplyDelete