Brief semi-sports babble...
We had our fantasy baseball draft on Friday after work. It is something that has consumed the minds of at least half of the people in the league. I am beginning to wonder if I even belong in the league. I am more of a casual person, just wanting to have fun, and I think it is getting too serious for me. Lately, I wonder if I do not have enough time to keep up, or if I am interested enough. I go a little back and forth on it. Either way, I guess mediocre is not terribly shameful. Maybe things will change once it gets going and I will have that fire again. The draft was fun, although it was lacking the trash talking I was expecting. My draft had mixed results. Some people I wanted were picked earlier than I would have wanted to pay, and I probably picked others earlier than I should have, just so I could have them on my team. I also ended up paying about $29 dollars for 3 slices of pizza...I probably should have planned that a little better.
Saturday, I went to Texas Roadhouse with a friend of mine...I don't know what it is about that place...I could almost go there just for the rolls and cinnamon butter. After dinner, we met up with some other people and shot some pool. The person on my team made most of the shots, and the one on the other team who shot before me left me with horrible shots much of the time. It was still fun, and we won every game. On the way back, I decided it would be a funny idea to do
the little kick the person next to you behind the back trick, only this time with a twist. My ingenious idea was to kick her with my right leg and then swing my left leg up behind me and do the same thing. Surprisingly, this plan was a triumphant success....at least until I landed directly on the side of my ankle on the way down. In retrospect, it was not one of my more intelligent choices in life, but at least I can still kinda walk. I would probably say it is about my second or third worse sprain, the other two from playing
basketball. Well, I pretty much sprained my ankles a couple hundred times playing basketball, but who's counting? That is why I stayed home from work today. I figured I should probably give it some rest, plus I am a little bit sick, so...bonus...right? My apologies for bearing my naked feet. I try to keep them covered, but sometimes they like to make a grand appearance.Sunday was spent grilling burgers and dogs and watching the Suns lose. The food part was nice. The game? Not so much. I just tried not to be too annoying going back and forth to the freezer to grab the ice. Today was uneventful. Elevate, ice, repeat. So here I am, recounting my tale because I have a little extra time. Till the next one...
Uhhhhh....Maybe you should have an x-ray? That's pretty bad, I have to say. If I were you, I'd go to Urgent Care and have a quick x-ray done. That looks nasty. If nothing else, maybe they could give you a prescription for painkillers or something....
ReplyDeleteThere's lots of pictures of the ceremony you missed, so I'm sure you can get the idea I you are so inclined. In short, she said yes, he said yes, smooch and ta-da! Mr & Mrs Berry!
That is brutal. Honestly, maybe it would be worth having a doctor look at.
ReplyDeleteThe draft was fun. I think you are definitely not as crazy as some of the people in the league about the research but you do put in a lot of time and have one of the better teams. Should be a fun season.
I have been feeling somewhat disenchanted this year about the league as well. It is getting really complicated and I feel irritated at Adam a good part of the time which I don't like. I really want to start from scratch and redraft to add balance to the league.
That being said, I am excited for baseball and am excited about trying to win back to back but something feels missing.
By the way, I will pay you for the pizza- lunch tomorrow?
It looks kind of like how Tony's did when he broke his. You really should go to the doctor.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's what you get for trying to do the kick from behind trick. I'm way better at it than you. .)
Ooh ouch! That looks like it was painful!!
ReplyDelete