- A.) Getting an exam and cleaning Friday, but waiting until February 10th for the filling
- B.) Waiting through the weekend, exam and cleaning on Monday, and filling later in the week
But then something amazing happened. The third dentist I called said "I can fit you in today at 11:30 or 3:00," to which I agreed to the former. Third time's a charm, right? After talking to the receptionist a little more, she says, "Well, actually, somebody scheduled with us at 10, but they scheduled a long time ago, so if he doesn't show up, would you be interested in coming then? You could get the filling and the cleaning all at once!" I said that would be fine, to which she replied, "Actually, would you want to come in right now?" (it was 9:15 at the time).
At this point, I was beginning to get a little nervous about how available they were, nevertheless, getting a filling the same day I called to schedule an appointment seemed miraculous, so I stood by my decision. I am so glad I won't have that on my mind while eating the dinner at the holiday party. That was a huge burden off my chest, especially since I have been planning on going to the dentist for quite some time now, and this expedited the process a little. I had been concerned about that tooth for a while, so at least that is taken care of.
Anyway, I need to get to bed, so I can try to get to work as early as possible. I cannot wait to see what happens! I would explain, but everyone here should know all the details so it would be a bit moot. I would also include pictures, but it just doesn't quite illustrate what has been done. If it were on video...if we can swipe that video feed from the web cam, that would be interesting... What I will say is that I wouldn't want to be on Duerk's bad side! Or at least be on opposing forces in a prank war. I could just see it escalating into something that we would not intend, what with our Irish tempers and stubbornness taking over. If you can't beat 'em (without tempers flaring), join 'em.
This message was brought to you by Carnation Instant Breakfast. Carnation Instant Breakfast: You're gonna love it in an instant!
Yes, I am curious about your dentist appointment....considering their readily avaliable and flexible appointments. I hope you come back with the filling in the right tooth. :)
ReplyDeletePrank wars...sounds like you guys might be a little slow there at H&P?
Yeah, I forgot to write about the actual dentist visit. He's a friendly old guy, but he's kinda weird. They've got all that archaic equipment. It seemed like he was really sculpting my tooth, because he kept going back and forth between that drill and some buffer type of tool.
ReplyDeleteWell, what we did was afterhours, so we're in the clear.
It truly is a masterpiece... .)
ReplyDeleteThe prank, not your tooth.
ReplyDeleteYou should see my tooth... ,)
ReplyDeletePoor Brett with your tooth nightmares and alll.
ReplyDeleteIt was a good prank, good, clean and after hours...