So what have I done with my day off, one might inquire? Well, not much. After taking some NyQuil, I went back to sleep for several more hours. I did, however, finally finish my half-completed blog pertaining to the company "holiday" party. It had been sitting there, untouched, for over a week. I had initially thought about doing it in two parts so I had something to show for it, but decided to keep it all as one diatribe. My apologies.
And now, a quick recap of the last week and a half or so. It will likely be a bit scrambled around, but I am ill, so bear with me. As I mentioned, I got my tooth filled by the dentist around the corner. I went back on Tuesday for a cleaning. Good news: no cavities. There is always bad news when going to the dentist. I think it is inevitable. Continuing with the bad news, I will need two crowns as a result of larger, older fillings from dentists past. Seeing as this will be my first time, I am horrified! I ended up buying a Sonicare toothbrush a couple days later, and let me tell you. Along with flossing and Listerine, after brushing with this wand of mystical powers, my teeth have that "just been cleaned" feeling every time! Thus far, I have been faithful to this practice and hope to keep it going. Sorry, that wasn't exactly a recap, but I will try to keep the rest a little more concise.
Shopping for the toothbrush in mind, beforehand I bought a few shirts, and I am excited about them. More excited than a human male should be about shirts. It is always nice to get something new though. Because of this, it pushed me to try to get rid of my older clothes. I filed through some old suits that don't/never fit (mostly from brokers), and that really helped. Now I just need to dispose of them somewhere, maybe Well Suited or Goodwill. Sorry for the name dropping of discount stores.
On Saturday night, I went to the Coyotes/Blackhawks game with a few co-workers. I really
have a difficult time differentiating co-workers from friends, but it is fun to hang out with a lot of them outside of work. It is like the more unabridged version of themselves, and I find it oftentimes to be fascinating. It was Bobby Hull Day, so I have
another piece of flair for my cube, a little figurine. The game was thrilling. Not a lot of scoring, but it was nice to see the Coyotes taking some initiative rather than being so passive as they have been the last few years. They ended up losing in a shootout after going through regulation and overtime deadlocked at 1-1.Sunday was spent watching the NFL playoffs at Buffalo Wild Wings, which I like for the wings and amount of big screen televisions. After that, we went to see the film adaptation of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. The movie is a bit of a sinister musical (which was refreshing) about a common barber with a beautiful wife and daughter who is wronged and comes back several years later to seek his revenge. It is the old hat Johnny Depp role where he's the bizarre and tormented character. All in all, I enjoyed it. Upon conclusion of the movie, we went to a friend's house and watched Delicatessen, staying with the cannibalism within a "normal" society theme. I really love that movie and urge...well...the fans of the blacklisted movies to watch it. You are welcome to borrow my copy, if you actually watch it within a week!
I got home around 1am, which may have damaged my week a little. I stay up late way too often. While in my haze, I accidentally broke a mirror and coincidentally woke up sick this morning.
This rambling is brought to you by the Phoenix Suns Gorilla, who asks you to Be Tobacco Free. Tobacco: smells foul, tastes foul, and makes you feel foul too!
Bummer you have been sick. Hope its getting better....
ReplyDeleteWow I hope your sponsers are paying you well.
ReplyDelete