Tuesday, January 08, 2008

This Is How I Roll...

So today, I had some extra change, and I thought I would contribute to my change rolls, which have been sitting around in my room (for those of you who want to steal!). I was only a few dimes and quarters short, so I scavenged the "ash tray" in my truck. In complete rolls of change, I now have $71.50! The problem is, I will probably never take it into the bank, because I rarely go there and I forget about it sitting on that shelf over there. It almost seems a bit more exciting to have that big bundle of change rather than having the $71 in cash, because I'd probably just spend it right away on something stupid.

Also, over the weekend, I bought some undershirts. Four of them were black and two were different shades of brown. As it turns out, they all had pockets, and pockets on my undershirts just will not do. So tonight I brought them back to my local Wal-Mart to exchange them for pocketless undershirts. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, right? So they sell four black T's to a pack with pockets, but I cannot, for the life of me, find a pack with multiple black shirts! It is always one black, one gray. What I am gonna do with a gray undershirt? I'm always in such a lousy mood when I wear the gray shirt I was suckered into buying along with the black shirt the first time around. So here I am, walking through Wal-Mart trying to figure out what else I can get. Everything was incomplete. The aforementioned black and gray shirts, a cool athletic shirt but in size small, athletic shorts with crappy colors, an almost perfect pair of jeans except for the hammer loop...I just couldn't win! So an hour later, I just collect the money I originally spent on the shirts and went home, feeling dejected.

Before my adventures at Wal-Mart, I broke down and got my hair cut. Continuing with the theme of things not working out quite right, I ended up getting the same girl who cut my hair last time. I didn't like my last hair cut. She gets too worried about me wanting my hair cut really close, so she always goes up a number or two, so it is longer than I want. She pulled the same maneuver on me today, but I was onto her tricks. I let it slide this time since I am going to the company holiday party in just a few days. The problem this time though was that she left a few straggling hairs hanging from each side by my ears. That one was an easy fix once I got home, but she cut me too close and careless on one side. I really don't know where I'm going with this, but hopefully you don't mind my rambling tendencies.

I really wish I had something more interesting to report, but this is all I've got right now.

"364 days...till the next pretzel day."

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you ned a new barber. Did you go to that sports clips place? I think that is where I would go if molly did not cut my hair. I like that deal though. After 7 years, I just sit down and she cuts, I don't even look in the mirror anymore when she is done, I know she did a good job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wal-mart always seems to be that way. You know, almost what you need, but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, most the time, they are pretty good there, and I like the rinse with the steamed towel (you should ask Molly to try that!), but this girl isn't my favorite. Granted, both times I had her, it was near closing time, but still.

    And yes, I was so frustrated at Wal-Mart because everything I would have wanted was so close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you're hair looks SO goofy!

    I'm kidding, I haven't even seen it yet. I'm sure it's fine though. I certainly hope it is anyway, otherwise I'll look like a jerk.

    That's why I cut my own hair. It's just better.

    ReplyDelete